The moment we said goodbye to our last guests at the first International Women’s Day collaboration dinner, I started thinking about what I could do for 2018’s dinner. I’m very much like a small child that cannot sleep because they’re too excited (true story)! I sleep with a notebook besides my bed and I cannot stay still for long, so even when I say I’m ‘taking a break’ I’m actually constantly thinking about events and food. So here is it – #PressForProgress 2018:
On March 8, International Women’s Day is being marked with a special 5-course collaborative fundraising dinner by The Paisley Notebook at Tantalus Vineyards in Kelowna. All profits from the second annual dinner will be donated to Foundry Kelowna/Canadian Mental Health Association, Karis Support Society and Slow Food Canada.
This year’s celebration will bring together the culinary talents of Aman Dosanj (The Paisley Notebook, Kelowna), Leah Massey (Biera, Edmonton), Erin Pickering (Nicole Gourmet, Calgary), Jinhee Lee (Foreign Concept, Calgary) and Tina Tang (Predator Ridge, Vernon). Along with wine pairings generously donated by top Winemakers from across the Okanagan Valley – David Paterson (Tantalus Vineyards), Pénélope Roche (Roche Wines), Jacqueline Kemp (Moraine Winery), Severine Pinte (Le Vieux Pin). Each Chef will take on a course with the 2018 International Women’s Day #PressForProgress theme in mind.
“Last year we raised a massive $7,709.87 with 39 guests and we made a little change in our community. This year, we’re excited to be teaming up with our friends at Tantalus Vineyards and increasing our capacity to 52 guests. I’m proud to be bringing together some inspirational talent from the Okanagan and our Albertan neighbours for the first time. Everyone on the line-up has a different culinary style, but we all have similar thinking about supporting local and have personal ties to our chosen charities. We’re excited do a lot of good, one bite at a time – it’s going to be a magical night!”
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 – 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- Hosted in the tasting room at Tantalus Vineyards (1670 DeHart Road, Kelowna, BC, V1W 4N6)
- Tickets cost $165 (+ Eventbrite fees) – price includes 5-course dinner with wine pairings. All profits (after operating costs) will be donated to our chosen charities
- This event features a set menu and silent auction
- Unfortunately due to the number of out-of-province Chefs on this line-up, allergies and special dietary needs may not be accommodated
- 52 tickets available on a first-come-first-served basis
- Tickets will be available to purchase on February 19 at 9:00 AM via Eventbrite. Please see: https://pressforprogress2018.eventbrite.ca. Don’t forget to bring your wallet!